Monday, January 12, 2009

Is January Over Yet?

We’re not even 2 full weeks into January and looking forward makes it feel like the month is almost over! I rang in the New Year at the Harlem studio, Stadium Red, the homebase of the oh-so-talented producer, Omen (Be sure to get his upcoming album, "Be The Judge" and Not because I'm on it ;). What an awesome recording facility—the former studio of jazz pioneer, Ornette Coleman.

The weekend started out with a powerful meeting of the minds: fellow harpistas, Robbin Gordon- Cartier, Rashida Black, and Riza Hequibal. Thanks Robbin, for all of your insight & music!! I had the opportunity to work with Ryan Leslie last weekend as well. We performed a beautiful song of his, “Golden Days”, duo-just harp and voice. It has been well over a year since I’ve last worked with him, and during that time, his career has soared! 150% deserved. He is definitely one of the hardest working men I know.

A few concerts and trips to Connecticut later, I’m really just looking forward to Guatemala! Next month, I will be taking a trip over with harpist, Megan Sesma of the United States Coast Guard Band to donate music and supplies, and coach and teach other harpists. More to come on that later…

...Right now I think we're all looking forward to the same thing: Inauguration
In today's mail, out of the blue, was an invitation to Inauguration. What are the chances?

No comments: