Monday, November 10, 2008

Sound!

Sound...it's a lifetime journey. I have had sound issues for quite some time, because I mostly play an acoustic harp. After struggling with different mics and mic placements, I got a custom pickup made by a bass company. Actually, there were 3 pickups in the harp, not 1.

Fast forward to now: I use and endorse the Barcus Berry Piano & Harp Planar Wave System (4000). It's a powerful little pickup, and I use two of them. I can also switch them from harp to harp, which is fantastic!

Again, it's a lifetime journey! I'm happy now, because my main concern is being audible over powerful drummers.



If you're into electric harps, the Salvi has a new model out--the Echo. I've only tried 3 or 4 electric harps, but for me, this one takes the cake. It sounds very natural. I played the Echo for the Detroit Jazz Festival and everyone complimented the sound it produced!!!

Everyone has their personal preference when it comes to sound. It's a process of trial and error until you find what you like.

No comments: